The Tabăra Monastery
  • ban 4

  • ban 4

  • ban 4

The Tabăra Monastery

The Tabăra monastery dedicated to “Assumption” is a monastery of nuns in the central part of the country. Two old icons of the Virgin Mary, dating from 1821, are kept in the monastery. Most of the Christians, on holidays and Sundays, turn their steps towards the monastery to worship and pray to the miraculous icon of the Virgin Mary, entitled the “Wonder of Vatoped” painted on the Mount Athos in 1863.

ORDER

DESCRIPTION

Distance from Chişinău: 59 km Location: Tabăra village, Orhei district Church of the “Assumption” monastery Founded in : 1784 Elder: priest Diodor   Some researchers believe that the monastery was founded in 1784 by the nobleman Gheorghe Russo, others think that this is Darie Carp’s work (1779). In 1828 , a summer church that was dedicated to the “Assumption” was built here, on the site of an old wooden church from the eighteenth century. In 1857, the second stone church was built, dedicated to the Holy Trinity. During its existence, the monastery has had a controversial history, as in Soviet times, the Assumption Church, like many other churches in the country, was transformed into a club and then used as a warehouse. The Holy Trinity church was then transformed into a village school. In 1959 the nuns were expelled and many of the monastery’s houses were occupied by the villagers. In the year of 1990, the monastery reopened. The churches of the monastery were built from stone and brick. The interior painting of the church "Assumption", made in 1956, was renewed in the 90s of the XXth century.

MESTOPOLOJENIE

OSTAVITI_OTZIV