The Dobrușa Monastery
  • ban 4

  • ban 4

  • ban 4

The Dobrușa Monastery

The Dobruşa monks monastery is located among hills covered by forests and surrounded by orchards. In 1847, the winter church “Schimbarea la Față” was built in the same area. In 1890 the monastery Dobrusa counted 89 monks, all Moldovans, besides the Abbot Porfirie, who was Russian. Until 1863 the sermons were officiated in Romanian, but then the Slavonic language was imposed. The library of the monastery contained many Romanian books that were printed in the Romanian Principates in the XVII and XVIII centuries.

ORDER

DESCRIPTION

Distance from Chișinău : 100km Location: Dobrusa, Soldanesti district Church of the “Sf. Irh. Nicolae” monastery Founded in: 1437 Abbot: the hegoumen Petru (Tomacinschi)   It is most likely that the monastery was founded in 1772 by a Ioasaf monk that came from the Probota monastery, Suceava. He built a wooden church, along with another monk – Eufimie- from the Curchi monastery. The church was finished by the 1785 year by Eufimie, with the help of other monks from Curchi. In 1923 the monastery Dobruşa passed from the diocese of Chisinau to the one of Hotin. The church of “Sfantul Nicolae” from the monastery and the church of  “Schimbarea la Fata” were then fully restored. In 1960, Dobruşa was converted into a boarding school for children with disabilities. The winter church was transformed into a club, and the summer one - into a cafeteria, then a food warehouse. The monastery’s graveyard was leveled, the crosses were removed, and a sports field was built on it. The monastery reopened in 1994. In 1997 the restoration of the “Schimbarea la Fata” Church is finished. Recently, the restoration of the big church has ended, with the dedication to “Sfantul Nicolae”. The library of the monastery was enriched with more than three thousand volumes of Orthodox books, that were donated by the Father Sofian.

MESTOPOLOJENIE

OSTAVITI_OTZIV