Noul Neamt Monastery
  • ban 4

  • ban 4

  • ban 4

Noul Neamt Monastery

Noul Neamt Monastery is an Orthodox monastery of monks, situated on the banks of the Dniester River, about 105 km east of Chisinau city, 30 km far from Causeni town and 20 km far from Tiraspol city. It is located on the outskirts of Chitcani village, only 10 km south of Tighina locality, also called Bender.

ORDER

DESCRIPTION

On 13 January 1864, the Emperor Alexander Nikolayevich approved the project on the establishment of the monastery of the Holy Ascension, Noul Neamt for the community, for men in Chitcani village. On 17 February 1864 by the Order No.306 the Archepishop of Chisinau and Hotin, Antone was notified of the establishment on Noul Neamt monastery. Thus, the foundation of Noul Neamt monastery began. The Cathedral dedicated to the "Ascenson of Our Lord" built in 1867 served as the mail church of the monastery. In 1991, the Monastic Seminary "Saint Paisius Velichkovsky" is opened here, the teaching language being Romanian. In 1994, the bell tower is restored. The largest bell of the 12 has a weigh of 8.7 tons. In 1999 the church dedicated to the "Ascension of Our Lord" is restored. Becouse of its location in Transnistrian area, the monastery suffered both during the war in 1992, and thereafter. The monastery is reached, most often, with the permission of the Transnistrian control bodies. Currentlyit is one of the most visited monasteries, as the church dedicated to the "Ascension of Our Lord" keeps the reliquary with bits of several holy relics, received as a gift from Patriarch Cyril of Jerusalem.

MESTOPOLOJENIE

OSTAVITI_OTZIV